Thursday, August 31, 2006

Wobbly bits

I'd like to start this post off with a mild confession:
My dear Colein, I broke my 21 days of no desserts!!! Well, not techniquely, being that the term "desserts" was never defined..., but I'm thinking that 20 jelly beans and 1 ice cream sandwhich might be in that definition. ;-) Sorry girl, I was enticed off the wagon, but I'm back on now! My wobbly bits (I love this nickname for my "un-fit" areas. Thank you Diary of Bridget Jones {and yes, it's a must that it be said in a British accent}) have conceded that the no dessert thing will definitely be beneficial to the jeans I had to peel off this morning because they were not work (or anywhere else for that matter) appropriate. sigh. :-)

My Mom.
That's what she is. She's My mom and though she may have two daughters, she's specifically mine. Back off Brit. God gave you Daddy for that quirky connection that you two have and he gave me Mom. So yesterday I received this:


which turned out to be this:


how perfect are these rugs for my kitchen aka area of unlimited color. I love you My Mom! Thank you soooo much!

I've been thinking how I needed a really neat t-shirt for the weekends. Well on one particularly rough Tuesday (that's a whole nother blog) I found my silver lining in this:


I love it! It's different.

So today has been full of smiles. It's MY Friday b/c me, KJ, Rance, and Shea are going to see my Aunt Bettie in Miami! I'll try to document our trip in photos, but I make no promises. hehehe Everything in Miami isn't meant to be captured on film, we all know about South Beach. ;-)

Lots of lovin! And have a wonderful Labor Day weekend. Gotta love the extra day of rest, right?!?!

4 comments:

Trice said...

Ohh. I am so jealous... I love the Africa T-Shirt. I had the same idea for weekend shirts so I got a USC Tee and I got mean mugged to death. I hope that you have a wonderful weekend. I think I may be tailgaiting with the Razorbacks this weekend. Lucky you we only get Monday off.

Have lots of fun in MIA.

Anonymous said...

M-I-A-M-I!!!! Enjoy!!! Same for you too Patrice. I want something fun to do:( Is it a sin to say that i am jealous. Well lets just call it a white sin (similar to a white lie). On the bright side, my sweetie will be home (I haven't seen him i almost a month) So I guess i have some cuddling to look forward to. However, Miami and a football game still sound real good to me. All I have planned is to see Idlewild. Has anyone seen it yet? Is it worth seeing?

Also, I love the T-shirt, where did you get it? Just remember the first inkling of a hole is a sign of too much wear and you need to find another one. Okay? Nod your head and say yes.

Isn't Bettye the fun aunt? Man, and it's Labor Day weekend too.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, they performed your workout routine on the VMA's last night. Jai yelled out, "Ooooh, they are going to hurt themselves playing on that thing like that!" Can i just say that all of my parental advice isn't in vain.

Anonymous said...

Have Fun!! And tell Aunt Bettie I said Hi!!

And don't worry about the jelly beans and ice cream sandwich, I'm pretty sure I'm going to break mine this weekend. I'm going to Auburn and I doubt they have caffeine free diet coke in the stadium. And I'll be stuck in Atlanta all week next week, so if I don't trash it this weekend, I'll trash it then for sure... ;)

And you look hot in that shirt!! You look like a skinny-minnie to me, but if you gained any weight at all it looks super-hot on you...

Have a great Friday girl and be careful driving!!!