Wednesday, August 30, 2006

He got me...

86 in a 70. yep.

There was NO denying it. I admit, I have a heavy foot on the highway (to work, going home, visiting someone, joy riding... the highway is just open road. seriously). This morn, just as I had complimented myself on doing great with time (was running early- go figure) and thought, "there aren't even any police out today"... Surprise... I was speeding and the "man" was out! sheesh.

He was really nice about it. Only wrote the ticket as though I was going 79 to save me $100 on the fee. Guess he was feeling generous and I was extremely appreciative. A friend once told me that she knew a girl who faked asthema attacks and got out of tickets, but I think he could tell from my defeated expression and the license and registration that I had waiting for him, that I was guilty as sin.

Like I said, I'm thankful. I've done 100 on that highway before (my Lexus-look-alike should really to blame... shouldn't a car shake uncontrollably at that speed. well, not her, she rides smooth as ice). Can you imagine the fee for going 30 over the speed limit!!! My goodness!

Driving school here I come!

Happy Wednesday! :-P

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

89 miles! I assume you were on the empty stretch from Crestview to Destin. I hope so, and if so... you are slightly forgiven. I also must assume that you were listening to some really good music. Well, after I dropped Jai off at school this morning and was passing the entrance to your previous residence on Crestwood... I saw lights. I was driving close to 70 in a 40. I said to myself dang. But, ah ha!!! He was drove in the opposite direction. Imagine having 15 mins to get from Eastwood to UAB, park in the deck (10 min walk), and be at my desk. Hectic I tell ya. But I have no one to blame but myself. And to you missy, no a car shouldn't shake when it reaches a certain speed. Although they do shake, they shouldn't. Soo to make yourself feel better about the situation, congratulate yourself for keeping your car well-maintained thus preventing the shaking sensation. Might I also suggest, turn the tunes down a bit or listen to talk radio. What does Mr. Jackson have to say about all of this?

Anonymous said...

Well, I spoke too soon. Approximately at 6:30 pm, while driving on the long stretch of Lakeshore at the intersection of Hwy 150...I was ticketed for speeding.........However, I did make my last car payment two days ago!!!

Anonymous said...

I read your blog, me a lurker, yep that's me...anyway felt the need to comment. Not so much about the ticket, but about you. How awesome are you, so positive and contiually joyful, even after a ticket. Who does that? love your attitude on things, love your blog, so refreshing and positive. thanks.

Anonymous said...

ok now, this is funny, but sad. I am sorry your heavy foot, developed as a result of Birmingham commuter I proudly add, got ya caught up. I'm glad the officer was nice. I remember we had gotten pulled over for going 43 in a 40-RIDICULOUS. The only reason he said he'll let us go was because his last name was also Garrett (maybe a long lost caucasion cuzin... who knows) but great positive attitude about it.

Anonymous said...

also tasha, i like your blog also... very interesting.

Trice said...

OMG... Tericka...Shame.
Roz I am sorry to hear about your ticket. But thank goodness for driving school. What are those policemen thinking? They know that it is too much like right to drive within the speed limit. I think you will make new friends in driving school, what a good way to meet people who like to live life in the fast lane.

Is that my girl Tasha? Whats up? How are you?

Anonymous said...

Girl, that sucks!! I hate tickets, it's just the worst feeling in the world to see him whip out of his spot in your rearview mirror.

Anonymous said...

Rearview mirror... how about is driving towards you and turns around. It just isn't fair when the speed limit drastically drops.

Roz said...

My dear Tericka ~ I'm so sorry that you fell preevy to that horrible radar gun also! Seriously, it's a baaaadddd feeling when you look in your rearview and realize that the flashing blue is comming for you. Atleast you're not alone, but I wish I could have set the trend for something cheaper. ;-)

Tasha!!!! - Hey! Thanks for coming out of lurking, ;-) And thank you soooo much for your kind words, girl, it's nothing but God that allows me to see the positive. I quote a friend to say that "Life's not always good, but God is!" How true is that?!
Get ready, because I'm a blog stalker and I've already found yours to be a great midday "pick me up" ;-)

My Lana-lana~ 43 in a 40. Now that's tough! And I'm sure it was you batting those lovely brown eyes that got you out of that ticket and not your last name. hehehe

Tricey - You had just wrote about this on your blog. how the police can radar someone in front of your car... i blame you for the jinx. ;-) love you.