1) Went home to NC this past weekend and had a wonderful time. So good to see family. They threw the guys a surprise baby barbeque (I've got several cousins who are preg. or just had babies), and KJ and I got some great stuff (see the sheer excitement in my face in the photo on the right...). We had to mail a box home b/c there was no way it would all fit in our one suitcase (the one time I pack light...) Thank you family, you're beyond the best!

2) KJ's out of town on business and I have to admit that I miss him terribly. He's my best and closest friend in FL and the house is soooo quiet when he's not there. As pitiful as I sound, I must say that I'm going at this time better than past times he's been away for a length of time and I think it's because I have little missions that I want to get accomplished. It's tough to get some things done when your closest FL pal wants to cuddle on the couch and entice you with the promise of a movie after the football game...
3) Here's a whopper (Liz I don't know how in the world I forgot to mention this while we were talking...): My super. resigned on Monday. Yep, he's moving on!!! And much to your surprise, I was able to refrain from doing a ridiculous happy dance or exhibiting a smile that overwhelmed my entire being... I simply took the news with a blank doe-eyed look and a few nods. hehehe Cindy and Lisa you may remember the look from Ladies class...
4) Had dinner at a FABULOUS Thai restaurant on Monday night. I've managed to spread my leftovers into dinner last night and lunch today and I'm a bit sad that all of my yellow curry chicken is almost gone. It's taking all of my will power not to lick the plate here at my desk. And those who know me know that I'm serious. I should really find a recipe for this...
5) Okay, okay I'm busted: I did lick my plate, but everyone's out for lunch and I sit behind a really big computer screen...
6) Went out and did a little maternity clothes shopping this week. Found a few things at the outlets and then really scored at oldnavy.com yesterday afternoon (sale sale sale). I know I know as my daddy said, I only have a kangaroo pouch, but I'm having to expand my work pants waist with a rubber band (trick I learned from a coworker... anybody else have any suggestions? I'm game!), so I figured now was as good a time as any. Basically my plan is to get a few work pants, a couple of pairs of jeans and some tops. Luckily I held on to my sweater collection and I believe that they'll work out just fine...
7) Finally went to the library and was so disappointed that most of the books I've been putting on my list (I'm pulling from JJ at 6:37 as I believe we have similar reading taste) weren't there. Stinky library. So I left with 3 books and I have until the 16th to read them. Oh and my overdue fine from last time was 90¢. The book selection stinks but the price for being tardy with a return is not so bad...
8) My computer at work is seriously broken. It's at the mac doctor now. I had to bring one of my laptops from home in to work on. I've heard some talk of them trying to switch me over to a pc. I told our IT guy that if that should happen, they'll need to find a designer that comes with their little pc, b/c I'm not having it. I'm a mac girl and I dare them to try to take that away from me.
9) Kendi, her daughter (my little angel S), Kendi's sister and her neice are coming to visit this weekend. I'm so excited! I love having company and finally I've been able to lure a few pep down. I'm already planning a breakfast casserole to start us off on Sat morn and then there's a Seafood Festival, the beach, great weather, ahhhhh, it's going to be a good weekend.
10) Had a dr's appt today. All looks great. Little mini's heart beat was 160 and strong. Next appt is on Halloween and we find out what we're having. So do you want to start placing your guesses now? Ghoul or Goblin. hehehe
Lots of lovin to you all. I'm learning there are a few of you out there who check on me but never comment (Lisa whom I know thru Liz), but that's completely cool b/c I'm a lurker on quite a few of my favorite blogs. ;-) I'm just glad you come by!
6 comments:
Yay number 3! Yay number 3!!! So excited for you. Good riddance. ;)
Yay for your baby shower, too. Baby shower's rock.
And I can't believe you find out what you're having that soon!! It seems like it's way later than that. What a fabulous Halloween it's going to be. I'm guessing girl, personally. Is that a ghoul or a goblin?
Goodbye mean man...
Bella band...I live bt
I can't figure out what a ghoul or goblin is either. But I am going to say a boy..Looks like you guys got a lot of good things at your 1st shower.
LOL. The ghoul and goblin thing was a reference to finding out on Halloween. Although ghoul kind of sounds like girl...
Roz, I'm hoping that you have a little girl. Time to even the count. Too many boys lately.
You've pulled me out of Lurkville! ;-)
Congrats to you two! I'm so excited to find out baby girl or boy...
yay!!!!!!! you're having a girl!!!!
well at least i hope.
Post a Comment