Tuesday, June 12, 2007

When

As I go further and further into adulthood, I realize that somewhere along the way the questions changed from Why? to When? Has anyone else noticed that?

• When do I support a friend thru a decision I don't agree with {just b/c I'm the friend and I'm sure they've given themselves enough grief already}? *** I started to remove this one b/c it's flagged some alarm in my girls. Then I thought, let me just explain... simply, I believe I worded this wrong. I'm the positive friend. Always have been, always will be. I'm honest, but I'm kind. I take pride in that. I WILL NOT SHOOT YOU DOWN. It's not in me. In the past, present and future, my girls and I have been on some rollercoasers in our day. I've had situations where all you can say is "What the crap!" and so have they. This morning I woke up and started wondering when, or if I'd ever spout off the first thing in my mind when things come up. I pray not! Slow to speak, slow to anger right. If I'm nothing else I'm understanding. I don't ever say, "I don't know how that could have happened," because quite frankly we don't know what we'll do in a situation until we're in it right? So the a-fore mentioned is not about anyone/thing specific. And I already know the answer to the "when?". Answer: Always. I will ALWAYS support my friends. I support the people that they are. Not always the decisions, not always the situations, not always the circumstances, but the people. I'm friends with fantastic people and through years of sifting the good ones stuck ;-) and we're all different, we handle things differently. Do I always agree? NOPE. Do they always agree with me? NOPE. But I voice my concerns in a kind and honest manner. I believe that's what has come to be expected from me and I like it that way. {Don't get me wrong, we've had our fair share of fussing}. Sooooo, no need to fret. This was something that seriously just popped in my mind this morn and as I was driving. Just a thought. Again, should have probably worded it differently, but was trying to post before jumping into the work pile.**** I'm okay everyone. Please return to the regularly scheduled post. hehehe*****
• When do I stop calling my last residence home {and focus on where God has placed me now}?
• When do I increase my investments {and decrease my general spending}?
• When do I stop comparing my old church family to my new {and really embrace loving my new like my old}?
• When do I decide to bring a baby in the world {and accept the responsibility of raising him/her to be a better person then I am}?
• When do I stop supporting {those who don't have the know how or desire to start supporting themselves}?
• When do I seek better opportunities {or do I realize that I'm in the best opportunity}?
• When do I give a personal experience to show I can relate {and when do I just listen, keep my business to myself and just nod agreement}?
• When do I call {when do I email}?
• When do I smile when I want to cry {when do I go ahead and cry}?

I think a lot of this was triggered by my recent decision to retire. When to let something go... This post kind of sounds sad, but I promise it's not! These are just a few that crossed my mind this morning. Some are things I've dealt with, some are things I'm dealing with.
The more I trust in God and give things over completely, the less I ask Why? That's a blessing. I'm not worried about the why's because I know they'll be revealed in time. It's the when's that get me. When to move and when to just sit still. The most pressing 'when' on my mind this morning??

• When do you cancel a gym membership? Seriously, if you haven't been in months AND the $25 could easily be contributed to something else AND the thought of waking up at 5am makes you sick to your stomach AND they don't even offer classes that you like so all you do is tough it out on the elliptical... then isn't it time? You can be straight with me... ;-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope I am not that friend next to the 1st bullet. If so, Girl, let me know.

On a more serious note, check your email. And drop the membership, your subdivision is large enough to get in some much needed cardio each morning.

Roz said...

LOL! Tericka you're a nut. That one does seem direct, but it's not that serious. Sometimes friends do things that make you think "ARE YOU SERIOUS?" and it's tough not to scream that out at the moment. I've been that friend to someone at one moment or another I'm sure. All decisions aren't good ones. It's just hard to know when to give it to a friend straight and when to just listen. I'm learning. Sometimes giving it straight with the cushion of listening to "soften the blow". After all, don't you all {my friends} know me and my heart. Who am I fronting for? hehehe

I'm checking me email and gonna call the gym to see what I need to do to cancel. You're right, I just need to hit the subdivision pavement. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Great post today. I know that you don't think that I read your blog. But I do. ;-p hahaha This has really help me realize a better question is 'when?' not 'why?' Way to go on the retirement thing!! I thought that I was going to retire the earliest. I was thinking 50. You overachiever!! :-)
--Cindy

Roz said...

Oh my Cindy... I miss you terribly. I had a feeling you were still checking in on me here, but I'm glad you commented b/c I was going to try to bait you and Lisa by posting things to draw you out of hiding. hehehe You know I've got the juice to do it. hehehe