2) Last night I made a scrumptous salad with strawberries and sharp cheddar cheese (and lettuce, carrots, etc, but the berries and cheese were the highlights), only to realize that my raspberry vinaigrette dressing had gone bad. Confession: If Kj had not walked in and MADE me pour the bottle out, my plan was to pour all the white stuff out b/c the bottom of the bottle looked fine. We ended up finding a quick recipe for vinaigrette dressing and made my own. Really, you can't eat a salad with berries with any other kind of dressing...you thought about it and other options seem gross don't they... RECIPE HERE {just fyi}
3) Kj and I had a couple over on Sunday nite (they're getting ready to move to TX. of course. I find a friend and poof, they're gone...) and we played Spades. Here's the catch, KJ was my partner. We've NEVER played together and it threw me off. Hard to trash talk your husband when he's on your side. Plus it was hard to read his signs and I wasn't about to give him mine b/c when Liz and Jon come to visit there's a rematch to be had! (needless to say, we lost... I considered it a courteous going away present...)
4) It's FREE MUSIC TUESDAY on iTunes! Wait, I just checked to see what the free song was and I'm not enthused about gats and explict lyrics. ::sigh:: but the free discovery download is nice and I always get the latin free song so I guess 2 out of 3 isn't bad. Oh and just because I had to see if I was spelling gat (slang for gun) right, I found out that the slang term is derived from this {another fyi}
5) I read this blog daily: Amazing Trips and I think she's hilarious. Taking motherhood in stride. ;-) {Today's post is on the serious side, but go to the one underneath it for a good giggle}
6) Okay, I'm listening to the free song I just downloaded and it's soooo good. He's name is Till Bronner and the free download is A Distant Episode. Beautiful! This is another song of his. See how soothing... I think I may buy the cd...{umm, yep, bought the cd via iTunes and I'm LOVIN' it}
7) I want to read this book. Baby Love I'm torn between returning to my local library that gives you 3 days to check out, read, and return a book (okay, probably a little more days then 3, but not many...) Mind you I owe them for my last overdue books that I never even got the chance to read... or, just buying it online and having it arrive in my mailbox. Does anyone know a cheap online bookstore?
8) My parents have finally closed on their new house. I'm really excited to see what items my mom decided to let go of after 30+ years of "collecting"
9) My coworker, Tina, went to Hawaii and brought me back this:
It's a good luck tiki man and it makes me giggle. I love that its hands are on its hips like, "I dare you to not feel lucky" I've also decided that if needed, it's the perfect weight to peg the aforementioned dept head in the back of the head when said stupiditity reaches its maximum. ;-) Talk about luck, hehehe
10) It's taken me way too long to do this 10 on Tuesday, but it's made me smile. Forget work, I'm grabbing on to little morsels of happiness however I can get um!
Happy Tuesday!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment