Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Wednesday Smiles

Good morning all!
Thought I'd go ahead and post so that I could atleast try to be productive at this job of mine. hehehe

1) Voted last nite and it felt wonderful to do so. Really, I kicked up my heels walking back to the car. I left work unsure if I was going to even go out to the polls, but I was able to go to Wal-mart, put up groceries, find my hidden voting precinct (the back side of a church undergoing major construction), chat with all 10 of the elderly volunteers (decked out in red white and blue) as they corrected my address, and then mark my votes (giggling when I got to the amendments b/c they word those things to make you feel like you're taking the ACT) - All in 45 min. Not bad for making a difference, not bad...

2) accidentally got prune yogurt and decided to keep it b/c a.) I loved prune juice as a child b) I didn't want to just leave it in the mag rack in the check out aisle and I didn't want to walk back across the store c) there were only 4 to eat if I didn't like it. Well this morn I discovered that I LOVE IT! As odd as it sounds, prune yogurt is actually quite tasty...

3) A friend of mine's aunt goes to church with us and has kind of adopted us as family. Last nite KJ and I went to visit and besides having good conversation, she sent us home with some of the best chicken and dumplings EVER!

4) I'm going to try and fry apples when I get home. Like the ones you get at Cracker Barrell (with your fried catfish, pinto beans, and hashbrown casserole) as your other veg option, but it really acts as a dessert. Or is that just me? ;-D

5) Last nite we watch Shrek 2 and I must say that I think that cartoon is more suited for adults then children. Kj and I laughed and laughed with not a child in sight...

6) Today I'm wearing my "blue cheetah" shoes as they've been nick-named. Befitting because they are blue and they do have a cheetah print. They're ultra cute and I don't wear them near enough.

7) This morn while stuck (for 14 min) behind school traffic, I found the missing jar of gourmet jelly beans mom gave me under the passenger seat. Whoo-hooo! I figure kiwi, tangerine and strawberry jam jelly beans count as a semi-nutritious breakfast! (And just FYI Jelly Belly has added wonderful new flavors like Caramel Corn but gotten rid of some of my personal favs like Peanut Butter... a bittersweet situation)

8) After my lactose attack on Sat (did I not tell you about that??? I tried to finish off a half gallon of milk that expired on the 30th but was still good and we'd only used about a cup full, then I ate blackbean and cheese dip, then kj made us snicker-blizzards... well around 3am I was curled up in a fetal position and I was pretty sure I wasn't going to make it. Well I did and after MUCH reprimanding from the lactose tolerant man of the house I've gone dairy free for the last 2 days.) I'm feeling frisky and fine this morn. No stomach gurgles at all!!!!!

9) I made experimental chicken salad and that's what I'm having for lunch today. Couldn't remember for the life of me what mom put in it to make it wonderful and just decided to venture out on my own...

10) I told myself I'd keep this post short and sweet, but no luck on the short thing...

hehehe
Happy Wednesday!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fuuunnnnyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel you as a fellow lactose intolerant self inflicted sufferer!!!!!!! Yay to the Cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Try Silk. I heard it was pretty good and now comes in flavors. I should have bought it instead of rushing to Walmart last night for a 1/2 gallon of milk, only to feel nauseas(sp.) this morning after eating a cereal in the car.


Glad you are feeling better!!