My best friend has a birthday coming up (Nov 26th). It's always around Thanksgiving and this year we're doing Turkey Day with Kj's fam, so Liz and I decided to get together early for a little pre-bday celebration. We had a great time doing nothing in particular! That's probably the beauty of best friends, give us some uninterrupted face to face talk time and we're content. Our little trip started with a bang (or a pop), Liz called me as I was on my way to meet her to tell me that her car had broken down on the side of the highway. Really, the front end was on the side of the highway and her rear was still kinda in the fast lane! Sooooo, here's the small dilemma on my part. I wasn't in my car. We drove KJ's car (GOTTA learn how to drive a stick!!!!) so that Liz and I wouldn't have 2 cars just sitting around Mont. I was just going to ride around with her and KJ was going to pick me up on Sunday. Well, thankfully I was able to borrow a non-manual car from his parents and the trip proceeded with very few hiccups after that. We shopped til our feet hurt (really... we're getting so old hehehe), ate til we were about to burst, and talked til we should have been horse. LOL. It was a great weekend. KJ and I have started turning the radio off more on long trips so we can talk. I used to wonder if married pep ran out of stuff to talk about, now I realize how absurd that is. In the 3 hours it took to get to Mont on Friday night, we had only discussed my job and there were so many other things that I wanted to tell him and get his opinion on. I'm not worried about an overwhelming silence anymore, more-so that my luv's ears are going to fall off any moment. hehehe (Don't get me wrong, I'm not the only talker in this family unit of two. Sometimes all I can get in is "um, uh-huh, and really?")

Beautiful drive home...

This isn't the best pic, but this house had about 50 of those inflatable yard decorations. Waaaayyyyy too much C-mas going on, way too much!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend too!
Here's a little goodie that a friend emailed me.
This is a
link to a website that tells you what items will be deeply discounted at what stores if you're into the after Thanksgiving shopping.
Let me know if you find something awesome!!!
2 comments:
Man, you've been good about posting lately... I'm just now catching up... I'm so glad you could come visit, and that the prune yogurt wasn't gross (although it sounds a little questionable) and glad that you finally found your cheddar and black bean dip (did you like it except for the lactose intolerant part?) and glad you and Liz got a chance to get together... I'm sorry your work sitch. sucks, you know you can talk to me about it anytime you need a friendly ear, I'm all about complaining about some work... ;)
All in all, it was a great weekend! Thanks for making what had the potential to be a nightmare into something wonderful!! Love you with all I got:)
Post a Comment