Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I'd like to welcome

the cold front that has settled over our city for the past couple of days! I extend a heartfelt "Bout time you got here!" This morn I wore a sweater and boots to work!!!! I even pulled out a few of the coats from my waining collection, and hung them-up for later wear! I don't know if this typing is conveying my excitement, so I took a screen pic of the temp when I got to work this morn... Seeeeee:

Yep, you can smile and be happy for me. The rest of the Floridians around here are sad-faced, but I happy packed up my business flip-flops and open toe heels! Thank goodness for decorative socks and boots!!!

Now backing it up, on Sat my love took me to the fair (Tasha you were right, we skipped the local Festival and we did not regret it)! I love the fair. Ironically, I don't ride any of the rides (neither does Kj), but it's fun to walk around and play games and take in the smell of fried everything. ;-) Kj fooled the guesser with his weight (hello Mr. Guesser Man, all that muscle and great home cooking is sure to add up to more than 205!!!), so I got a prize! Then he made a prize winning free throw shot and I got another prize (we're not V. Tech fans, but a co-worker of his is, so we're going to donate the ball to him)! We went to the rock exhibit (b/c we're dorks) and someone had the neatest display of rocks that looked like food! The only thing that I regret is not going into the "Freak Show". I wish it had another name b/c that just sounds so harsh, but oh well. Anywho, I think it would have been neat to see the spider body woman or the headless man. Maybe next year! Also next year I'll have to partake of one of the unique spins they put on the traditional funnel cake. Bavarian Cream??? Hey, why not!









I know this post is forever long, but it's been 4 days so bear with me!

Lastly I'd like to do a little braggin! Below is the account from the flag football game that took place last night. I had to work late, so I missed it, but tah-dah, I'm married to a BALLER (is that what good football players are called??? hummm)
Article:

Our flag football team won the first game of season last night in a thrilling 6 OT's victory over 728 ACS to make our record 1-0. Some of the highlights to the game are KJ played quarterback and had 3 touchdowns including a game wining interception return of 78 yards. Offensive played well to include J Smith and Glove using the ground game to help the victory. In dramatic fashion with less than 2 min to play in the game KJ and Playmaker caught a 5 yard TD to tie the score at 20-20 and force OT. In OT the two teams went back and fourth scoring drives but on the last 728 ACS drive in OT KJ with the help of Lewis and Smith forced the quarterback to throw errant pass in which KJ intercepted and ran back for the game wining TD.


Yep, I'm proud! Hate I missed it!
But the price to being married to a "baller" is walking into your CLOSET (?!?!?!) where he is trying to "air out" the clothes he played in last week but accidently left in his trunk for 4 or 5 days! I can't even begin to tell you of the rank nastiness! Let's just say that I had to immediately soak the clothes in the wash, and lysoled the mess out of his gym bag and the trunk of his car....
sigh.

LOL!
Hope you've had a wonderful Tuesday!

lots of lovin!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God. Boys. ;) I'm glad you had a good weekend, I love the fair! I hate that ours is a 14 year old hangout. Good one's rock though. And the rocks that look like food was really cool. The rock eggs even made me kind of queasy, just like real one's do these days ;) I'm glad it's cold there, too, it's cold here as well. 39 degrees when I went to work yesterday, with a high of 57. I guess it really is winter. And thank goodness for Daylight Savings Time ending. It's nearly impossible for me to drag myself out of bed when it's still dark outside. Don't forget to "fall back" on Sunday!!

Anonymous said...

OK, WHY am i totally envying your fun at the Pensacola fair, your cold weather, the fact that you are already in boots, AND your long neck. I used to have one, Hey, where did it go....Oh it must be wrapped up in all that extra weight..LOl. Sooooo glad you had fun at the fair...

Anonymous said...

Your weekend sounds wonderful! I am so glad you had fun. I love the fair!! Im with you about the rides but I still love to go. The food, the noises, the lights, the music, the exhibits, I love it all:) And I am so impressed with KJs skills. So yea!! for him. That should be comforting to know that if the engineering thing doesnt work out, you could always fall back on a career in football!!! But how could you NOT go to the freak show??? I have never beeen to one of those but I have ALWAYS wanted to go.
I am so glad that you got some cold weather. This is a good thing for "the girl with a million coats"
So heres to a great weekend!!!