Thursday, August 16, 2007

10 on Thursday:

1) On Tues. I went over to a friend's house after Ladies Bible study and watched a movie and talked until 12:30am!!!! On a "school night"!!! I'm so old, I've been trying to recover from this little outing since then, being that my body has gotten quite used to the 8:45 bedtime I usually adhere to. Yes, I'm that lame. ;-)

2) I've decided it's probably not best for me to deal with work email first thing in the morning, for "Are you on crack?" as a reply just might stir up some negative feelings.

3) I bought the less sugar Maple and Brown Sugar oatmeal and ummm, let's just say I think I've defeated the purpose by now having to add sugar to get it to taste "normal".

4) I'm trying to work on some ways to teach the kids at church to be more grateful. It really bothers me that a 7 year old with no job, no money, no car will complain at a youth outing about the activities and the food when they came with nothing planned and brought no food, so rightfully should just sit in a corner and be hungry...

5) KJ's going to do a shrimp boil on Fri nite for dinner (we've got friends coming in town) and I'm soooo excited. Oddly even though we live in FL, it took Jon and Liz to introduce us to the beauty of this deliciously simple meal. Love me some J & L.

6) I talked with the wife of the couple who's coming to visit and she suggested that we do some painting... on canvases... I'm more than stoked and going to start gathering ideas for masterpieces.

7) I've got cash in my wallet, so I'm geared up to go by the public library and pay my fine, as my "I want to read" list is much larger then the "money to spend on books" budget.

8) I'm not "hating" my idiot supervisor anymore b/c I've let go of that anger, but I think he's mistaken my newfound lack of hostility. He's making a habit of coming into my office to make pointless "small talk" and I'm trying to figure out a nice way to tell him that I don't really care to know about what goes on with him outside of (or inside for that matter) the office. Is there a nice way to say that. I'm thinking of "Please quit talking to me." Please is nice right?

9) Bham, I'm coming home (for a visit). I'll see you next weekend and tell the kids I'll bring the face-paint if they'll make sure that the volleyball net is ready for a good ole fashion Roz beat-down. Consider that a challenge. And Connie, you must make sure that your shorts reach the end of your fingertips with your hands down by your side. ;-) hehehe

10) Have I ever mentioned how Thursdays are my favorite days? Don't know why, but they even beat out Fridays. I think I love the anticipation of the weekend possibilities, the satisfaction of a week almost complete, and the complete control of the big tv.

4 comments:

Candi said...

I know how you feel about the 7 year old kids who are not being grateful...unfortunately there are a lot of kids that way...it's sad. I think oatmeal is one of those things that need the sugar...without it it's just bland. Happy Thursday!

Colleen said...

I know what you mean about the unwanted small talk, I had that problem a few years ago only from a coworker. My solution was to talk to him, but to continue to face my computer screen like I was really busy and just couldn't tear myself away. It worked after a while :)

Trice said...

I agree with Colleen. I just try to sound extra dry and face my computer and to look really busy. You would think that they would get the point but they don't...They continue to talk so I act like I am on my way out the door.

Brown English Muffin said...

What movie did you watch and I don't like the less sugar maple and brown sugar oatmeal either and I LOVE oatmeal.