Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Sacrafice...

For the sake of "matching" I am wearing my grey slacks with the broken zipper. Not even just a front zipper where a button could do the duty of keeping the pants on. nope. These zip on the side and that's it. This poor little zipper is the only thing standing between me and "very unappropriate office attire". And it's barely hanging on.
sigh.
You may wonder why I would post about this, but as I sit here with a bladder about to disconnect and float up to my neck b/c I foolishly have drank 2 cup fulls of grapejuice and a delish mug full of eggnog, it occurred to me. This morning as I was pulling these pants from the bottom of my "when I get a sewing machine i will fix these" pile I KNEW that it was a bad, bad, bad idea. They were at the bottom of that pile for a reason... but alas... they're the only pants that are the perfect shade of grey to match the shirt that I was determined to wear today. s-a-c-r-a-f-i-c-e...

And no, I'm not even going to risk it, b/c last time I wore these to work (thinking that the broken zipper was no big deal) when I took a potty break, my zipper decided that it absolutely was not coming back up and I had to wear my work sweater around my office which just so happened to be 90 degrees that day. Yep, I learned my lesson.
...or did I? maybe this should be titled Stupidity... ;-)

Happy Tuesday all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you blogged this early in the day!! And I'm SO jealous of your grapefruit juice. I have a CRAVING.

Anonymous said...

I wounldn't call it a sacrafice, more like determined. Example, i put on a pair of tights this morning with a hole in the toe. Not because these were my only black tights, but i like the pattern in the material (they look stylish). So my big toe is uncomfortably colder than my other toes. I am sure that we all do it. DETERMINED to wear a particular article of clothing to work OR church and hoping that no one notices it. We know that we will be in an uncomfortable situation, but do it anyhow. Another DETERMINATION, wearing dark-colored panties during a particular time of month, knowing darn well you need to wear light colored panties in case of an accident, but you put them on anyhow b/c you are wearing light colored pants; then you spend the remainder of the day looking at your booty each time you get up!!! Gross but true... So girlie, not a stupid thing, just consider it Rozish...

Anonymous said...

yOU ARE TOOOOOO FUNNY yOU ACTUALLY mADE mY wEdNeSdAy. tHanKS.