Friday, September 29, 2006

Gourmet? hehehe

Alright, so we've had 2 successful nights with Rachel Ray! Seriously, I love that cookbook! The pizza-dilla on Wednesday nite got raving reviews (in fact kj ate up what was suppose to be his lunch for the next day) so we gave it an A+. Last nite I made Leeky Chicken with Couscous. I've never used leeks (had to look up on-line what part we were actually suppose to be eating... the stem... if you ever get in the same situation) and I've heard of couscous but don't think that I've ever had it. I gave the recipe a strong B, but KJ gave it an A and finished off my plate. I love couscous (kind of reminds me of grits...), but I don't think that I'd seasoned the chicken well enough. Don't blame Rachel, I take full responsibility for that. ;-)
Here's our A+ dinner (and so help me if all of you who came out of the woodworks for Kj's bbq chicken don't so much as type a yum for my little creation, I WILL find you... hehehe)



In other news: It's getting cool enough for me to wear this:


Yea! Only thing is that I didn't actually wear that shirt in particular b.c it was wayyyy too tight on my arms. I like to think that it's my muscles that caused that shirt to be tossed in the give away pile, but I digress. Anyway, out come the long sleeved shirts! I believe there's hope for FL yet.

Lastly, this is a little lesson I would like to pass on: This morn as I was rushing out the door, I realized that I hadn't put on any perfume (I love perfume... I think I got the smell good trait from my mom and dad... seriously, we're all junkies), so instead of running back to the bathroom I grabbed the clean linen room spray off the counter (A wonderful house smell if you're looking for something. Smells like clean laundry... one of my favorite "life" scents) and gave myself a couple of sprays. Yep, didn't think that all the way thru. I love the smell, but heeeelllloooo, one spritz leaves a whole room smelling good for atleast an hour, so you can only imagine how potent it is! So I'm pretty sure that I'll have given myself a headache before lunch, but the upside is that anyone within 5ft of me is sure to think I got trapped in the dryer for a couple of hours and I can think of worst smells...
:-)

Happy Friday!

lots of lovin!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, that looks very, VERY good. I'm such a ridiculous fan of all things cheesy. I can see why KJ ate everything you cooked. Although I have to say, that seems to be the story for most things you cook. And I like that shirt!! I'm proud of you for giving it away, I never do, I keep everything 'in case' I'm ever skinnier ;) Luckily I keep everything in case I'm ever plushier, too, which has come in handy a few times. Happy Friday, girlie, and I'm glad you're enjoying your cookbook!

erin said...

Roz,

I had to catch up on your blog. It's been a while! Love reading all your stories and I'm super proud of you for becoming a domestic goddess.

Glad you found the leeks...Brent thinks I'm ridiculous but I've vowed not to move to any community that doesn't carry leeks in the local grocery store. A girl's got to have standards!

Thanks for the smiles today!

Anonymous said...

yyyyyuuuummmyyy!!!! hehehe!! it really looks good. and i love rachel ray myself...if u want some really good southern recipes try Paula Deen...my ever popular mac n cheese started from her recipe...(all good cooks jazz up 'stolen' recipes) lol

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed by your cooking from your new cookbook. I think that the dinner looks wonderful!!!
I think that as my best friend it is your duty to pass on the A+ recipes to me:)I am with Colleen, I love anything with cheese!!!

I know you are so excited about the weather cooling off. I think you are going to make it in Florida after all:)

Oh yea, I think the fact that you "febreezed" yourself is a bit odd!!! Love you

Anonymous said...

I have been trying to comment on this since Friday, but laughter kept getting in the way. I did type out this loooong comment about how funny I found your story about the air freshener, but in the middle of typing and laughing soooooo hard I had to go and share your story.... YOu crack me up....
The food looks simply scrumptious...I love rachel ray most times and I used to get a lot of ideas from her, i'll have to check this book out. Thanks so much for making my Friday and again my Monday....

Anonymous said...

Hey Girlie!

Dinner looks good. Shoot some recipes our way. BTW, Jai and I made pizza for dinner and I soo started to call you to brag but I managed to hold out!! Please share, share, share...especially the one dish meals!!

Next subject: Girl, what is your problem spraying yourself with room freshner? Have you lost your mind? Victoria's Secret sells the miniature bottles of bottle sprays, just purchase one to stash in your car. You are too funny. I am picturing you in my head doing such, and i can only laugh and shake my head. Silly, silly, silly.... Which brings me to ask, has Lysol discontinued making the powder fresh scent I had to resort to clean linen as well.

Anonymous said...

food is lookin good