Taaaa-heee! Not when you're playing with Hannibal himself!
Let me back up to the beginning: KJ had to chauffeur me around b/c my car was in the shop, so after my dentist appt (no cavities for roz!!!) we got home earlier than I'm used to. Well, the power was out and Lord only knows how long our whole neighborhood had been in the dark. So we thought we'd drive into the neighboring city to go see a movie, but when we got to the end of the street, those lights were on so we figured it wouldn't be long before they got to our subdivision. Sooooo, we did the unthinkable...we went to Walmart to walk around until we felt like our power would be back on. (the most country thing in the world, i know, i know, shame!!!)
Anywho, after about an hour we headed home. Still no power. So out came the Monopoly board and the candles. Ooooo, I was soooo kicking his butt in the beginning. I owned several good places like Park Place (the dark blue) and New York (the orange corner by Free Parking), and out of nowhere... this man not only owned more property, but had put hotels on most of them (making me mortgage off my 2 or 3 houses in the process)! Yep, it was all downhill from there. And with $10 and a few properties, I landed on some crappy spot that required a $1000+ rent... I just let go. My light of hope had slowly been dying so I just let it go. Let me just add that my husband is NOT a gracious winner and that it took all I had not to set that board ablaze with our "romantic" candlelight. Seriously. ;-)
I took pictures, but after telling the story I'm glad I left my camera a home. Some accidents are blessings in disguise ya know... I think seeing those pictures now might make me vow off Monopoly for a while... it was just such a brutal massacre
:-D... (9.26.06 - I'm over the pain now, here's a pic I like to call the Monopoly Massacre. ;-) )

So, here is a pic of my favorite stamps (my favorite before these were the peppers collection) to add some color to this post. It's the Gee's Bend quilt collection (I had a professor in college OBSESSED with quilts. He used to give us our assignment and go in his office to bid on ebay for the rest of the period... I wonder whatever happened to Professor Furr???? He would love these stamps.)
Happy Tuesday all!
8 comments:
I am not sure I am following the blessings in disguise comment. But it sounds like you guys had fun, bc I would have gone to sleep.
Patrice, you are soo crazy!!! And Roz, considering your past gaming encounters with KJ, it is safe to assume that you have married a bonafide CHEATER and sore loser. Soo, on the next go round, just wear long sleeves, and pull a trick or two out of your sleeve. But remember you have to practice, b/c there is an art to cheating... just ask KJ to show you how. LOL!!!
Sweetie, you know he was cheating in the dark. That's the only way he could have beaten you! I think he might have taken a page out of your book... ;) I'm with Tericka on this one...
That is soooo funny. My hubby is a soar winner too and I sometimes need anger management to deal with it. It sounds like so much fun, even the funny wal-mart part.
so sorry to add a sad note, but Professor Furr died last October. He had a blood disease. Professor Ansell also died earlier this year from cancer.
so sorry to add a sad note, but Professor Furr died last October. He had a blood disease. Professor Ansell also died earlier this year from cancer.
I'm so sorry to hear of both of their passings. Professor Furr was one of the best art professors (I think b/c he didn't micro-manage and really let the students tap into their own creative inspirations.) Auburn is going to miss ole' Furryman (as I nicknamed him and he let me call him). I'm glad I got to experience his prescence. I never took Professor Ansell's class, but I remember him fondly from when we talked in the art office. A kind man.
I must say that from experience, I know that your loving husband is a horrible winner. Plus he cheats!! i think that you will have to do a little stretching of the rules simply to keep up!
Games by candlelight, sounds like a priceless memory:)
Post a Comment