Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Today's Tough

It's my second day back at work and today is waaayyy tougher then it was yesterday. I think yesterday started with some hiccups that had my mind in another place, and I was greeted with a "welcome back" luncheon, and to be honest the whole day felt kind of fake... like work was something I was doing just to get out of the house for a moment. Today I think the reality has kicked in.

My mom's here keeping the little mini for this week to help ease me into transition so I wouldn't have to go into work AND drop her off with someone who I don't know that well (day care). I can't begin to explain how beyond helpful this has been, but last night as my sweet baby was restless and just not trying to get any shut eye, it hit me that we hadn't spent enough time together and I think she missed me. To say I missed her was an understatement. Okay... I'm done typing about this, it's going to make me cry.

So: since I last posted:

• We have successfully completed 2 car trips with baby in tow.
• We've gotten over a really rough case of baby acne.
• We're steadily attacking the really rough case of adult acne.
• I've had 2 friends graduate with some well deserved degrees.
• I grew a whole year older.
• I had my hair done by a new beautician b/c my old beautician got shot in the bootie (really), but she's okay and will be back in the salon by my next appt.
• I got a new phone and new service (for those who tried to call/text yesterday things didn't get worked out until last night).
• I celebrated my very first Mother's Day on the receiving end of the well wishes.
• I've watched enough Ellen to really miss her dancing around 3:00
• We've been on the verge of an "awake smile" to counter the ones she gives when she's sleeping.
• We've started "talking" and in all that cooing, I'm pretty sure she's got some very strong opinions.
• I've decided that I need a workout regimen FAST as I'm fitting into prepreg clothes just fine, but there is TONS of toning to be done.
• I'm trying to figure out what to get a very special little boy who's hitting the big 01 on Thursday.
• I still haven't found my Liz a dress.
• I have been on the edge of insanity many times and have somehow not fallen over.
• I have a friend locally. Really. I've talked to her on the phone several times, she's been over to the house a few times, and the little mini and I stopped by to visit her on Sun. Progress.
• The little mini had a "girlfriend" to join her circle of "you're going to be my friend b/c my mommy and your mommy are friends" a whole 6 weeks early. And we love our little Phoeni-ni to pieces.
• Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey got married. For some reason I'm obsessed with how very wrong this seems. I don't know why, but I can't even begin to make them work as a couple in my mind... but who am I? (Still doesn't it seem a bit odd to you too???)

Very random, but my mind's all over the place. Mostly jumping between "I can do this work thing" and "Grab your work bag and run". ;-)
Anywho, just wanted to let everyone know that we're alive and kicking over this way. I should be a little more productive in blogging and emailing in the fact that sitting at this desk was always the perfect time for me to get those things done. hehehe I know you're thinking, "so when do you work??"... don't worry about that.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

6 comments:

Miss White said...

Welcome Back!!! Glad to hear that you have someone to help you with the transitioning back to work.

Trice said...

Look at how long your hair is! I know that it is eating you up and you are trying to figure out how to cut it! Sorry day 2 wasn't so good but I promise that it will get better and that you will figure out a method that works for the two of you.Good thing your mom is there, I know that it makes it just a bit easier for you all. I too can't figure out what to get that special 1 year old!

See you soon

Kendee said...

Glad to hear you are getting back into the working world. Unfortunatley leaving your child at daycare doesn't get easier when they get older and are able to tell you who and what they do not like about childcare. So you have two options:

1. Mrs. Gracie moves in forever
2. Sweet Home Alabama is the place to be :)

Personally, I like the second choice.

Dionne said...

Welcome Back!!! I'm really sorry to hear about your stylist getting shot in the "tush"...I'm sure there's an interesting story behind that (no pun intended, however feel free to blog about that if you'd like, lol!!) However, your hair looks great and the little mini is still as precious as ever :) Oh and I hope that your anxieties about daycare ease some over time!!

Candi said...

I hope your week has gotten better. I can only imagine how hard it is to leave the little mini at daycare...I hope things go smoothly with that :) Your hair is sooo long :) Looks really good though :)

Brown English Muffin said...

She is soooooo stikin cute!!! I wouldn't want to leave her either.

Did you find a day care or did you just move your mother into your place? That's what I would have done!!!