1) My work spa day was great. Apparently a pregnancy massage is different than a regular massage b/c there are pressure points hit in a reg. massage on the inside of your ankle and in your hands that can send you into labor. Go figure. There was not a hole in the massage table as I was thinking...
2) I scored big time at the thrift store run after my spa treatments. 2 pairs of maternity jeans - $5 a piece, My favorite book (The Secret Life of Bees) and a book I've been wanting to read for a while (Lessons Before Dying) for $3 a piece and a pair of brand new sneakers for KJ's grandma for $5. YAY me!!!
3) My co-worker/other designer is not the best in keeping me in the loop. Yea, that stinks. I don't like being out of the loop. Maybe this is the root of why I'm not completely comfortable leaving everything in someone else's hand when I go out on maternity leave. I'm still waiting on a word of what when on in the meeting in NY concerning my packaging line. And yes, I admit that I may be thinking a little irrational as everyone just got back into the office this morning. ;-) So I'm patiently waiting. If the update never comes, I'll ask about it and adopt the same mentality that had kept me running in this place. If I need to know it, God always brings it to the forefront, if I don't know it, I'm not suppose to. Done.
4) I think we've decided not to have a 4-d sonogram. I didn't think I cared one way or the other, but I'm a little sad, but the financial part of my brain knows that the extra money can be put towards so many other things. And also the little mini will be here in 6 weeks and counting {hopefully}.
5) I may be the worst person ever to be in charge of getting the class reunion together. I've heard from a few classmates now and sometimes I feel like I've got a firm grasp on things and other times not so much. The class of 99 president has established committees and agendas, and venues and blah, blah, blah and I'm thinking I should just email her and tell her to toss out a great plan for our 98 class.
6) Colleen's coming this weekend!!!! Yay!!! Any ideas of what we can do for a really cute pregnancy pic? She's got some great ones and I've gotten a few suggestions, but I'm opening the floor for more.
7) There's a lot of great internet discussion going around about cloth diapering. I felt really knowledgeable last night as I relayed some of the info to my lamaze class. Hop over to Erin's blog at Princess Pigbear and follow some of her links and the comment section if interested. Also Colleen did a great post at her blog in regards to what she's been doing. I'm definitely on the band wagon and have looked into also using Seventh Generation for if/when I'm going to need disposables.
8) Sunday was a fabulous day with great church service, KJ washing the cars between morning and evening service, fantastic weather, me outside talking with neighbors, barefoot in the grass, while the kids ran to catch up with the ice cream truck. Seriously, I paused and evaluated how much of a storybook setting it was. It was a nice FL moment.
9) It's always the little bittiest things about people and what they do that carve a space in your heart isn't it? Like folding the laundry when you've both been avoiding the basket in the corner or stopping by Walmart on the way home when you're dead tired to battle the masses for a little cold medicine and some toothpaste that's not even for you. That's my KJ, he's constantly weaving himself into the fibers of my heart with the little things.
10) hehehe After reading #9 I must admit that I have the tendency to run on two extremes lately, either extremely mushy, or very irate. Unfortunately the later has been more frequent as I've had to do more counting down and slow breaths in the car than I'd like to admit. Atleast I'm aware and try to handle the situation internally, but I don't think there's anything wrong with pinching off a few heads (coworkers, other drivers, target store employees, etc) when people turn their backs.
11) Bonus: I'm completely blown away by women who cook every day. I'm always looking for a few new things to try out occasionally and this blog A Year In The Kitchen has given some outstanding recipes for consideration. Seriously, I wonder if I could talk her and her husband into moving into my neighbor's house that's for sale. I think she'd be a great neighbor... the kind that pops over and says "Hey I made wayyyy too much chicken parmesan and thought I'd bring you some..."
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment