Okay, I'm sick. It's just a cold, but man. Why is it that the first day of a cold feels like you've thrown your body under a truck, poked at your esphagus with an x-acto knife, and poored battery acid into your ears... or is that just me. SO, I'm not going to complain b/c we all know that as a woman I have that inate "keep on truckin" mentality, but being sick and preg at the same time is not where the party's at. Apparently the high dosage of grapefruit juice makes the little mini think the party's in my uterus... if only I could fold myself up and join her.
Anywho, enough weezing and sniveling.
KJ's team won their championship game last night. I thought that there was a series of games, but last night was the end all. They played the national anthem and called out the starting 5 like they do in the NBA. Only thing that would have made it better would have been strobe lights. ;-) I met one of his teammate's wife and daughter and the little girl was just precious (the wife was really nice too). Once I showed her who KJ was she keep shouting, "there goes your husssbbandd!" And then she'd ask a string of questions, "Why's he running? Why's he jumping? Can he give the ball to my Daddy? Why is he sitting down?" hehehe I was a little sad that I had to leave in the first half to go to lamaze b/c she was quite the conversationalist.
Lamaze was interesting last night. We talked about the medical reasons and pros and cons of induction. Yep, pretty much went with what my common sense kept telling me - sometimes it's not good to rush your body to do something that it's not entirely ready to do. I also learned that 42 weeks is the absolute limit b/c after that the womb is finished being hospitable. Pretty much your body will start saying, "you don't have to go home, but you've got to get out of here!" ;-) The video was the vag. delivery. The only bad thing about it was that it was shot in 1990 and it made me realize how far us ladies have come in style since then. Sheesh. Oh, and the episiotomy made me cross my legs...tight... KJ had made it to class by the time we started watching the video and that part made him squirm a bit, but I kindly reminded him that it's my crotch that's got to do the work. Crotch is a tough word, huh. Let's just blame my lack of finesse today on me feeling like poo.
That's about the heads and tails since yesterday. I've got some research to do because I was informed that today is voting day for the primaries. Liz's Jon is so good about being knowledgeable about politics and current events (he reads the paper everyday... he's not 62 and retired, and I'm just thoroughly impressed b/c I don't even watch the news...) so we had great conversation about the elections when they came to visit. He also sent me this site:Who to Vote for He said the survey is long, but it fills you in on what canidate stands for what and who's most in line with your views. So go vote!
Happy Tuesday!
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I missed yesterday's post so I'll say it all today...
I LOVE the fabric. Super classy!
And sorry about the episiotomy. Just practice perinial massage and maybe you won't have to have one of those ;)
Yay KJ winning!
And I hope you feel better. I drink honey tea like a madwoman when I'm sick and can't take anything... just steep some tea and add a ton of honey to it. The honey kind of coats your throat and the tea makes your nose clear up a bit...
I hope you feel better soon!
And yeah I think a video of an episiotomy would make me cross my legs tight as well :) Happy Tuesday!
Ugggghhhh, prego and sick, you're right it doesn't go. Soooo sorry your'e feeling like poo. You and Jada need to set up shop and be sick together. Hope you get well really fast.
I agree, that old school Vag video needs to be updated, like seriously. Hey, you're due soon... :)
Oh, and don't think I didn't catch on to your 2 posts in a row!!! Way to show me!
Post a Comment