
Sunday my honey came home (he'd been MIA since Thurs, out of town for a cousin's graduation) and we took a moment to get caught up laughing and talking. 3 days felt like forever! Sometimes I'm amazed at the fact that we can sit and not say a thing and it's just as good as when the conversation can't stop flowing. That was the case as we sat eating a quick snack before going to see Pirates of the Caribbean. I guess we missed each other because I was a little sad when it was time to go into our movie because I felt like it was cutting our conversation short. Good thing I married him cause I know just where to find him when I need some intellectual rousing...or not (we have the most random conversations, often including debates on biddies, flying snakes, and if cows will bite...)
Soooo, Pirates was good. I would say great, but I don't really have a strong feeling like it blew my mind. It was a good "third" and most times the third version of a movie stinks. This one put to rest some of the previous plot cliff hangers and still managed to create one for a possible fourth. Johnny Depp's an excellent pirate, but I'm sure he would love some more roles (did anyone ever see Chocolat? He was a pirate in that too...), but then again, what do I know? Money's money and all of the movie showings were sold out on a Sunday afternoon/evening...
Mon was spent getting our house in order. KJ tackled the outside and I proceeded to wash and fold 83 loads of laundry. sheesh! But the house is clean and that's a good feeling.
Tonight my neighbor is hosting a tasting party for Tastefully Simple. It's kind of like Avon, only food and I'm excited about meeting some of the women in our neighborhood. I'm pretty sure that I'm on the outs because my husband's not military, because we have no children, and because I work. Still, if they'll have me (hehehe) I'd like to know more than just my neighbor Sarah b.c I actually like our little sub-division and if I run out of eggs and Sarah's not home then I'm screwed. I'll let you know how the party goes. You know I'm a food addict, so I'm going with a $20 budget that I refuse to go over.
I guess that's about it. Work is work. Not bad, so that's a blessing. Freelance stuff is still piling up and I need to start knocking it out so not to tarnish my name should I ever decide to "work for myself" again.
Speaking of work, let me get back to it. I came in with a "get it done" attitude and needless to say, it quickly waned.
Happy Thursday everyone (or atleast to the 4 people I know for sure haven't given up on me and are still reading this blog)! ;-)
6 comments:
Person #4: Glad you had a great holiday long weekend. I can't believe you haven't been to the beach in FLORIDA!!! But what am I talking about, I haven't been to the beach here in CALI. either. Are my eyes decieving me or did you [say] 83 loads of laundry? Where in the world did you and KJ get 83 (stressing the 83) loads of laundry. Girl you must have 20 washers and dryers or you washed each load with 1 piece. Or maybe my eyes are decieving me.
Yeah I was wondering about the 83 loads of laundry myself!! That's alot :) Glad your weekend was great! Have a good upcoming one!
LOL! Sorry Tasha and Candi, I admit I exaggerated that figure a bit. 83 is my number of ridiculous exaggeration (When we were in college it was: Girl please he's dated like 83 of your friends. Or Seriously, this dress makes me look 83. Or better yet, I spent 83 hours on this project...), I don't know where it comes from, but 83 always pops in my head and out my mouth. hehehe It was probably more like 7 total large loads (sheets and towels included) but for a girl who HATES to fold laundry it felt like 83 loads and it took me 83 hours to finish. ;-)
I am so glad you are back:) I check on you consistently but never give up on you!
Sounds like you and Tericka had a wonderful weekend. I think that Im jealous of yall getting to enjoy the beach. No better place to be on Memorial Day!!
I know you are glad your hubby is back. Funny how we miss the men in our lives when they are gone.
How was the neighborhood party? Any prospective friends??? Fill us in....
Miss you dearly!!
Glad to hear you had a good memorial day! Thanks for the comments on my blog. I've added you to my list so now you can count on at least 5 readers! TTYL!
Hey, I'm still reading your blog, so you have more readers than you thought. You should go to the beach & relax more often...I haven't been down to the Gulf in 3 years...ugh
Post a Comment