Friday, April 13, 2007

One Gala- Two Dresses

This weekend we're headed to AU for the Minority Engineering Program Anniversary. Yep, Kj's thing not mine. I don't think we even had a Minority Arts anything! hehehe I think us art students were pretty accepting of all b/c after all we're the odd balls of the campus (I can still remember going to my logic class COVERED in charcoal from drawing that morning... pep probably thought I was the nastiest girl {and mind you I wore coveralls and took baby wipes to help undo some of the damage} ...).
So there's going to be food (yea!!), a live band (whoo-hooo), dancing (yesss!) and a lot of old friends to catch up with! I'm pretty excited. Black folks at AU bonded and became family because there were only 3% of us there anyhow, so I'm anxious to see how and what everyone's been up to.
We're grown. It's been 5 years since I was a student. I can definitely feel life's changes.

So anyway, last night I hit the town looking for a semi-formal dress for the dinner and happened upon these TWO!
Love BCBG and they were having a sale so where as one dress alone was originally $350, I got both of these for around $100. I figure I'll find something to wear the other one to... shoot, Tericka emailed me an awesome restaurant nearby (that KJ is all game for trying... THX GIRL!), so I think I'll wear one to dinner one night. I don't need much of a reason to put on some sparkle.

Anywho, guess which one I'm wearing this weekend by popular vote (Mine's and Kj's)....
Happy Friday!


5 comments:

Candi said...

Lovin both the dresses!! Gotta love those occasions when you can dress up and enjoy being sparkly :) Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so jealous!!! I LOVE BCBG. The Dillards in Huntsville carries a bunch of their stuff but marked it down like they do the rest of their stuff so I have several hundred dollar pants and tops for like 16 dollars. Got to love department store sales... Of course I can't WEAR any of them now, but the day I can, by God, I'm wearing them all at once. I miss my normal clothes!!

Have a great, great time, and tell anyone you think I know that I said Hi. And I thought it was 6% :)

I'm guessing the red one, by the way. Just because you look so fabulous in red...

Trice said...

Ok. I know nothing about BCBG. However, I like the black and cream one. Which ever one you decide make it rock and have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

I am SO proud of you!! Both of those dresses are absolutley amazing!!!! You should never have anymore apprehension of shopping alone. You did great! I think I was there in spirit:)
I hope you and KJ have a fabulous weekend. Cant wait to hear all about it.
Oh yea, I think that you wore the black and cream dress. AlthoughI think the red may be my favorite:)

Trina said...

How cool... I went to AUM, Auburn in Montgomery. I haven't been back in some years. But we used to go to Auburn or Tuskeegee to parties and stuff.
Love both of your dresses! Great taste.