Wednesday, July 12, 2006

In a Family Way

Family Reunion Time!!!!
My family is ridiculously wonderful! On my mom's side all of my grandfather's brothers and sisters (those surviving) and their decendants all gather on the second weekend of July. It's been this way since I was a little girl and the tradition is continuing strong! Talk about having a good time!
There's food (my cousin Anthony fries up the best fish I've EVER had), stories (that go back generations and generations), laughter, dancing, etc. It's one full weekend! We generally party from sun up to sun set, only to do it again the next day.

There's a lot of love in my family and these reunions just make you feel all cozy inside. I like knowing where I've come from. I think the highlight of the trip was when I visited my cousin Tasha's gmom (my 4th or 5th cousin, tasha and i have no idea what number cousin we actually are, but she's always been the closest cousin to me, she's 2 day's older need i say any more), and she told me that I remind her of my Grandma Gracie. Grandma passed when I was 8 so I don't remember a lot about her other than a few scattered details from a few month stay with her and Granddaddy. She was a wonderful woman, that much I know and remember and I'm proud that genetically I remind pep of her and also in my mannerisms. Looks like Grandma Gracie passed things down to Mom Gracie, who passed things down to me. Isn't that the way it's suppose to be????

Ahhh... Family...

Here are some of my favorite pics from the weekend.






5 comments:

erin said...

I'm lovin your blog, Roz! Glad to have found it...looks like the reunion was superfun! Thanks for all your kind comments...

Anonymous said...

Somehow this does not look like a Curbow family reunion;) I know ya'll had a great time. Glad to see Brit was there. How is she doing?

Anonymous said...

Yeah it reminds me of the one we just had. Family reunions are so much fun and of course there is always going to be good eating and that one relative who makes you wonder if you are really related to them.

I am loving the picture of KJ and the baby.

Anonymous said...

Girl, that baby looks good on KJ. And the Brit on his back rocks. I'm glad she made it, she looks like she's having a good time...

XOXO

kjack said...

Roz, the pictures are great! You guys look like you had a swell time. I am going next year. I love the limbo where the baby just squatted and went under the rope.
I see that 'Lectrc Slide was a big hit too. You know I didn't see your dad or your mom. Tell Gracie she was hiding from me. I am still working on mine, need help in laying it out.
Love you.