Wednesday, February 23, 2011

a few things I'm lovin

1) The show The Parenthood. Seriously, I loved Lauren Graham in Gilmore Girls and she's kicking bootie and taking names in this show too. The whole cast is strong and the story line is amazing. I cry at least once during every episode. It's THAT good.

2) The lil mini washing dishes in her bathroom sink. I've never seen cups that clean and all done with hand soap and the prompting that big kids do big kid things like clean up.

3) That whining can be stopped cold in its tracks with the threat of "no peppermints for you then". And that I stocked up on the little mini candycanes at the dollar store when they were on sale for 25¢. Boo-ya.

4) getting caught up with friends via whatever form of communication I can. I'm horrible with keeping in touch, but I'm trying to do better b/c it's a good feeling when people check on you.

5) James Vincent McMorrow. He's an artist whose songs I've heard on the Parenthood and he's got the most beautifully haunting sound. Every song is a part of his soul, you can feel it.

6) That I have something to blog about. The feeling just hasn't been there, but it's time to start documenting life again.

7) Lemon water. 3 slices of lemon in an old juice container filled with water makes water a beverage I can get down with.

8) Real bacon. We normally eat turkey bacon, but every now and then I whip out the real deal and WHOA.

9) That spring cleaning feeling. It's as though something in my mind trips and I remember that every scrap of paper/receipt that I've piled up is not that important and I start eliminating piles like crazy. It's a small feeling of accomplishment that makes a big difference in my psyche.

10) Natural hair. I'm finished perming and gonna just let my hair be. So far the journey is not an easy one, I'm hair handicapped in that a simple braid and twists are all that's in my styling repertoire, but I'm throwing it all in the wind. I figure I'm not too old to learn a few new things and how to do hair is right up there on the list.

11) That we hit 15 weeks yesterday.

4 comments:

Brown English Muffin said...

Congrats on 15 weeks, the little lady will have someone to play with shortly!!!!

Lauren said...

OMG...you have got to blog more lady...can't wait to see more of mini and new mini!

Trice said...

Yeah Welcome back!

Candi said...

I agree with Lauren! Congrats on the newest addition!