Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I'm up ridiculously late...

... by my own standards, as generally I'm sleep on the couch by 8:30...
so technically it's Wed, but let's just pretend it's Tuesday for the sake of 10, shall we.

1) Lil mini stayed with her aunt/uncle/cousins last week and when we picked her up I was a little disappointed for her that she's coming home to a house full of adults. (not making ANY hints here!!!) I think she laughed every second she was there as those 3 kiddos main goal was to teach her new things and to keep her rolling. They were wildly successful.

2) On the quest to get more veggies in this family, I've resorted to creative measures to say the least. Unfortunately the lil mini saw thru my attempts to pass off black bean burgers as real burgers. They were a no fly. She's such a meat eater and I think she got that from me.

3) Our Walmart is revamping itself, it took me nearly 20 minutes to find the bread.

4) I had forgotten my love of bookstores. I went to both Barnes and Noble and Books a million last week and both times the smell alone made me swoon in the doorway.

5) We're implementing "bye-bye paci" this week and so far on day 3 I think we've just about got it. Lil mini only cries for about 2 or 3 minutes before just going to sleep. Today she saw a little baby in the library with a pacifier and she reached for it and then looked at me like, "What gives?!?"

6) Going to attempt to use some flax seed I bought a week or so ago. I bought it b/c it sounds healthy, but I keep forgetting to put it in stuff. I'm thinking that I'll make some silver dollar pancakes and some pumpkin muffins. Regardless of how they turn out, I'll be eating them as I hate to waste food. (I'm still killing off the black bean burger debacle)

7) The tendinitis in my wrist is getting worse, but I'm not making a doc appt b/c my thought is that maybe it needs to get worse before it gets better. Ludicrous I know, but I hate going to the doc about a problem he's already seen me about. Waste of a copay.

8) I'm typing in the dark, and my knowledge of the keyboard is not as great as I thought it was.

9) Lil mini has a fondness of b words. Bubble, ball, boy, baby, she always pronounces with surprising clarity, then she gets on a rambling roll and looks at me like somethings wrong with my ears for not knowing exactly what she's saying.

10) Our printer is broken which has forced me to rekindle my relationship with Kinkos. It's bittersweet. I'm always a little in awe of all their printing capabilities and I it makes me miss working in an office where oversize printing was at my fingertips... and free. Boy they're making a killing.

Happy Tuesday *Wednesday* friends!

4 comments:

Liz said...

Ok, crazy girl. If you are having more wrist trouble, you need to go to the dr. That is what they are there for. Like my mom tells my sis, you need to be in good health for your kiddo's sake!

Oh and I totally agree with you on loving bookstores! There is just something about them, they are so peaceful!

Colleen said...

I have a friend who steams squash and mushes it and mixes it into her spaghetti sauce. She also steams broccoli and adds it to her tacos in little bity bites... have you looked at that book about sneaking foods in? What's it called again? I bet someone that posts after me knows. It's by Jerry Seinfield's wife.

The flax seeds are good on oatmeal too. :)

Candi said...

The book Colleen is talking about is Deceptively Delicious...a friend of mine swears by it!
Here is the amazon link..I have seen it in Walmart and TJ Maxx as well as any book store.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0061251348/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=&ref=pd_sl_5ykez34xh0_e
I had the brownies that she has in here and they were delish and I couldn't tell there were veggies hid in it.

Trice said...

I absolutely love book stores..Especially when they have sale books.I hardly make it to the regular priced books.I just have this idea of going and getting a good book, drink and sitting by the window with some music...(In the bookstore)

Flaxseeds.. I remember tasting them in my Ag class in college..Tell me how it comes out its been so long.