Friday, November 09, 2007

Why I *heart*

BCBG, Ross, and Bed Bath and Beyond

I've been wanting to use the I *heart* phrase because I think it's cute typed out. Well tah-dah, yesterday gave me the perfect opportunity.
After work I went on a mad dash to the outlets in search of a cocktail dress for Sumita's wedding. Enter BCBG. I absolutely love this store, because they never disappoint. I found a cute little chocolate brown number that doesn't scream, "I'm pregnant" (maternity formal dresses are not always cute...) and it's got an elastic waist. I went up a couple of sizes to accommodate the bosom that broke the other two dresses and we're good to go. Oh yes and it was on sale from $340 to $39!!! I would post a pic of it here, but it's all packed up and I can't find it on the internet. Hold tight til Monday...

Next jewelry and gold clutch purse. Enter Ross. Went in and found the perfect jewelry set (necklace and earrings) for $6 and in the wallet section I found a cute little gold clutch purse for $3. Yay me! Yay Ross. Again, they never disappoint.

So I was able to get my entire ensemble for the reception for less than $50. Whhoo-hooo!

And then at Bed Bath and Beyond, I had to return a pillow that wasn't doing the trick for KJ. (He's testing out a few pillow options for optimum sleep...) The pillow was $39 but I got it with a coupon so I paid way less and my total bill plus a few more items came to $35. Well when I went to return the pillow the cashier gave me the receipt to sign and I noticed that she was putting $42 back on my credit card. So I stopped and told her that I didn't want her register to come up short, that I had got the pillow with a coupon, so I think she was giving me to much back and she said "Oh, no maam, you get the full price back and I can give you back a coupon if you'd like." What?!?!?! So... sounded good to me. In essence BBandB paid me $7 and gave me another 20% off coupon. ::sigh:: Like I already didn't love that store enough.

So anywho,
I'm leaving on a jet plane (song lyric... I have no idea what song it is, but I can sing the whole chorus if you'd like), and I'll be back on Sun morn. Look out Chicago here I come, I've packed my coats and scarves (whoo, hooo now this is why I never parted with my beloved wintery collection) and I'm ready for some wedding goodness.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Tell Sumita congratulations for me! And I can't wait until I can wear BCBG again. Sigh.

Candi said...

What is BCBG? I am racking my brain to figure it out and it's just not coming to me... Have fun in Chicago!